Belly fat or postpartum belly… After childbirth, the skin usually remains quite loose. Depending on the woman, the belly returns to its identical shape, almost identical or not. Nonetheless, some changes are lasting on the body. We will explain everything to you.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body continues to round out over the months to accommodate the baby. A step that is not easy for mothers, especially after childbirth. This is because once baby points the tip of his nose, the skin of the belly generally remains relaxed. Nevertheless, this phenomenon remains natural and human. Around the world, about 9 out of 10 moms go through this tedious step.
Free yourself from guilt!
Your body has just received a baby for nine months, so you have to be lenient with it. Many women put pressure on themselves to find the line. Know first that there is no obligation to “find” the silhouette before your pregnancy and that in addition, even if it is your wish, there is no effective miracle diet to lose his kilos. These solutions may have a favorable effect on your weight but you may get it all back in a few weeks, or even worse, have the yoyo effect (take double what you lost). If you want to lose your weight, it is better to rebalance food rather than diet. Indeed, favor a healthier diet, rather than a drastic diet.
Finding the body of a young girl is an illusion
Once you become a mom, the body changes forever. Even if it is not visible from the outside; inside, things have changed.“A woman who has never had a pregnancy before will never regain her identical body before pregnancy, even with standard weight gain.”
If your personal wish is to lose weight following your pregnancy, here are the best tips from our nutritionist
Here are the nutritionist’s tips for losing weight:
- “Limit weight gain during pregnancy because, as many pounds will be gained during pregnancy, as much weight will be lost after pregnancy.
- For overweight or obese women, it is important to limit weight gain and not exceed nine kilos more. Except for a thin person, she can put on a lot more pounds.
- After childbirth, there is a drop in hormones, our desires and physiological needs will change. Our bodies are going to need different amounts and quality of foods during pregnancy to avoid deficiencies.
- If the mother is breastfeeding, there will be more uterine contraction. Thus, she will find her uterine volume more easily because breastfeeding promotes weight loss.
- If the mother is breastfeeding, she should make sure to consume foods with calcium and vitamin D. It is advisable to take two servings of dairy products per day, such as cheese, milk or yoghurt, to cover the nutritional needs of the baby and the mother.
- If she is not breastfeeding, she is left with the same physiological needs as during pregnancy. It is strongly recommended to resume a suitable diet. We eat when we are hungry, no snacking and we practice an additional physical activity.
- The mother will be able to consume raw vegetables, because it is a source of antioxidants which will help cleanse the body. “
Traces of you
If you have not yet given birth to your baby, know that it is important to massage and hydrate your body during pregnancy. This technique will limit the appearance of stretch marks as much as possible. Also remember to hydrate yourself well, if you can not drink 1.5 liters of water per day, you can eat fruits and vegetables full of water. If stretch marks have appeared on your body during pregnancy, try to put it into perspective. You should see your new stretch marks as indelible memories of your pregnancy.
To limit their appearance, you can use creams or oils against stretch marks. These traces will not leave your skin because they are damage to tissue fibers, but they can be reduced. According to the expert, the stretch mark would correspond to “an elastic that has cracked in the body of the woman” . If you do not see any improvement, you can consult a dermatologist who will advise you. In particular, he may prescribe a cream with acidic vitamin A in the event of significant stretch marks. If you can not get rid of your stretch marks, laser sessions can be practiced.
How to find the tone of my body?
To regain your body after pregnancy, it is necessary to do physical exercises in order to build your body. To eliminate the soft stomach, it is essential to support your rebalancing with physical exercises. Strength training and obliques for abs , sit-ups , reverse crunches , push -ups , these daily exercises will help you tone your body.
If you are not very sporty, you can choose the abdominal belt which allows you to burn fat thanks to electrical impulses, vibrations or even, by sweating, by stimulating perspiration in the abdominal strap.
Here are the expert’s advice to tone your body after pregnancy:
- You need to build up muscles to give your body a certain tone: in the abs, thighs and chest.
- At the level of the chest, it is necessary to maintain a certain musculature, by doing exercises such as swimming, walking or even cycling. And for those who prefer to play sports from home, here is the exercise to follow: raise your elbows to shoulder level and tighten your palms together in front of the chest and exert pressure for about ten seconds. Repeat several times a day.
- In terms of the body, the mother’s best ally will be to take her baby for a walk, in a stroller. Focus on cooler hours in summer and hot hours in winter. Walk between an hour and an hour and a half a day, which will stimulate the muscles in the pecs and arms.
How do I get my hair back after giving birth?
During pregnancy, pregnant women gain in thickness and volume but a few months after giving birth, mothers frequently experience severe hair loss. Nevertheless, there is nothing to worry about. This phenomenon of hair loss is normal after the birth of a child, medically called postpartum effluvium, a natural reaction of the body. The reason for hair loss after childbirth is due to hormones, specifically estrogen, which is produced in large amounts in the body during pregnancy. This production of estrogen not only stimulates hair growth, but also helps ensure that hair does not fall out quickly. The hair therefore becomes more voluminous and stronger. However,“If there is hair loss after childbirth, it is because there is a vitamin or mineral deficiency.” For the nutritionist, food supplements should not be taken without the advice of a health professional because “some supplements can be found in breast milk.”
Here are the expert’s advice:
- “You should check your level of vitamin D in the blood, after having done a blood test prescribed by the doctor. This vitamin is found in oily fish. You should also monitor your level of vitamin B6, which is found in leafy vegetables and in red meats.
- To avoid having too much weight to lose, you must eat a varied diet with healthy foods, to limit the risk of deficiencies, especially iron.”
Image source: Getty Images